Tomb Raider II Gold: The Golden MaskPublisher: Eidos Interactive
Developer: Core Design Ltd.
Game Platform: PC
Release Date: 1999
During the course of her day-to-day investigative research, Lara comes across some 'clues' referring to a small island in the Bering Sea - Melnikov Island; a faded photograph shows an Inuit Whalehunter holding what looks like an ancient Golden Mask; an old newspaper from 1945 mentions a conflict over an Alaskan gold discovery; and a secret blueprint in Russian outlines some kind of fortified military minebase. Locked into the idea of uncovering the Mask, Lara discovers that it might be the long-lost Golden Mask of Tornarsuk - a 'Greater Spirit', said to bestow powers of re-animation on the mask holder.
- Four New Levels - Join Lara in 4 new levels in the final world of Tomb Raider II. Help her explore an abandoned mine shaft in Alaska and discover a strange and hidden world. Many more surprises await as Lara uncovers the secret of the Golden Mask.
- Multiple Words- Tibet, China, Venice and a sunken ocean liner!
- Tons of Moves - Climb, wade, and even swing from chandeliers!
- Huge Arsenal of Weapons - Automatic pistols, harpoon gun, rocket launcher, M16 rifle, Uzis, flares and more!
- Evil Enemies - Fight past warrior Monks, Yetis, great white sharks, killer eels and rabid dobermans.
- The Golden Mask edition includes the original Tomb Raider II plus a separate disc featuring four brand new levels.
- The new levels have been created with the same game-engine and technology as used for the development of Tomb Raider II.
- Featuring an enhanced Lara Croft, complete with costume changes, Tomb Raider II combines the classic gameplay of the original with an array of improved features including: enhanced engine, dynamic lighting, exterior settings, new moves, new weapons and a plot that'll have Lara twisting and turning around every corner