Tomb Raider II: The Dagger of XianPublisher: Eidos Interactive
Developer: Core Design Ltd.
Game Platform: PC, PlayStation 1
Release Date: November 11, 1997 (PC) / November 18, 1997 (PS1)
The unstoppable Lara Croft is back in TRII, complete with the classic gameplay that made Tomb Raider the game of the year! Join Lara in her quest for the Dagger of Xian, reputed to possess the power of the dragon. But beware, Lara is not the only one in search of danger! Warrior Monks and crazed cult members plot against you as you travel from the remote mountain peaks of Tibet, the canals of Venice and even to the bottom of the sea.
- Dynamic lighting allows for new environments and tools such as flares.
- New worlds include Tibet, China, Venice, and a sunken ocean liner.
- New moves allow Lara to swim, backflip, somersault, climb, wade, and even swing from chandaliers.
- New clothing, including a wet suit and bomber jacket.
- New weaponry including automatic pistols, harpoon gun, rocket launcher, M16 rifle, uzis, shotguns, flares and more!
- All-new enemies, including more human foes, Warrior Monks, Yetis, great white sharks, killer eels, rabid dobermans and more!
- Refined game engine.
- Smoother control system.