Tomb Raider IPublisher: Eidos Interactive
Developer: Core Design Ltd.
Game Platform: PC, Saturn, PS1
Release Date: October 12, 1996 (PC) / September 15, 1996 (PS1)
Summary:Climb, swim, and backflip your way through a maze of cryptic deathtraps so realistic you can practically smell the decaying flesh. Unload an arsenal of lethal firepower on any wild-dog, giant lizard or blood-thirsty mercenary that gets in your way. Your mission is the deadliest one to date -- the recovery of the fabled Scion, an incredible treasure reputed to give its possessor vast power. Get ready to cross the globe to take on impossible odds while exploring Incan ruins, Ancient Rome, Egyptian Pyramids, and the Lost City of Atlantis...
- Explore four massive worlds with over 15 original levels encompassing four continents.
- Your arsenal includes: pistols, magnums, a shotgun and uzis.
- Battle wolves, bats, bears, alligators, raptors, and even a T-Rex in your quest for the Scion.
- Over 5,000 frames of animation on the main character, Lara, alone.
- Unique multi-target acquisition system.
- State of the art intelligent third person perspective cinematic camera system.
- Multi-genre immersive gameplay.
- The first real 3D interactive exploratory adventure.
After Lara Croft returns from a hunting trip in the Himalayas, she is contacted by Jacqueline Natla, a conniving businesswoman who convinces Lara to recover a mysterious artifact from the tomb of Qualopec in Peru. Wasting no time, Lara sets out on her quest to find one of the three pieces of the ancient Atlantean Scion, a talisman of incredible power. However after discovering the fragment, things get ugly when Lara finds herself face to face with one of Natla's hired goons. Using her cunning wits and athletic strength, Lara escapes. As she delves into the reasons why Natla would double-cross her, she uncovers a mystery that reaches back before the dawn of recorded time to the treachery that destroyed the Atlantean civilization and the disasters that struck the world when it fell.