Tomb Raider Anniversary for Nintendo WiiPublisher: Eidos Interactive
Developer: Crystal Dynamics
Game Platform: Nintendo Wii
Release Date: November 13, 2007
Lara Croft and her tomb raiding adventures come to life on the Wii Console. Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Anniversary takes full advantage of the unique controls of the Wii Console, and delivers over 3 hours of exclusive new content allowing players to become an extension of Lara Croft in the most hands-on action/adventure for the Wii Console.
Tomb Raider follows the adventures of Lara Croft after she is hired by a powerful syndicate to retrieve a mythical object called the Scion. After discovering that she has been used as a pawn in some larger scheme, Lara takes matters into her own hands deciding that she must uncover the mystery behind this ancient artifact.
- Redesigned Puzzles: New and re-imagined puzzles have been created specifically to take advantage of the Wii Remote and Nunchuk providing an interactive and dynamic new experience not available on any other platform.
- Archaeologist's Tool Kit: Draw runes and hieroglyphs in the sand to activate ancient mechanisms, break fragile walls with the pick axe to find secret areas, uncover clues buried in layers of ancient grime with the trowel and brush, and take charcoal rubbings of findings to put in your journal.
- Remote Flashlight: Illuminate dark areas by pointing and aiming the Wii Remote like a torch to reveal ancient clues. Twist the Wii Remote to narrow the beam of light allowing you to uncover secrets hidden in the dark. If the light flickers, shake the Nunchuk to turn the light back on.
- Flick of the Wrists Control: Use the movement of the Nunchuk and Wii Remote to climb and shimmy along ledges, swim, grapple, swing, and shake free from enemy clutches.
- Active Aim Combat System: Use the Wii Remote to aim your pistols with precision while simultaneously dodging and sliding away from enemies using the Nunchuk.